Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Time Traveler's Wife

I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I wasn't sure I'd like it but I did like it, very much. It's told from the point of view of two people, Clare, who is the time traveler's wife, and Henry, the time traveler.

It's a love story but there are many twists and turns because of the time traveling. Clare meets Henry when she's only 6 and he is in his 40's. Each section begins with a date and the ages of the two characters. Then one or the other will speak. It sounds weird and science-fiction-y but it's not, really. I thought it was a really good story, well written, a page-turner in a way.

I'm reading The History of Love by Nicole Krauss for my other book club. It's pretty good so far. I started it as I began a plane trip to Michigan, then I stopped reading that and started reading The Time Traveler's Wife because that is a big, heavy book I hadn't wanted to carry with me on the plane. Now I'm having a bit of a hard time getting back into The History of Love. I may have to go back and re-read to figure out what's going on.

No comments: