Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Been a while

I finished The Reason for God today and I changed my mind about it. As I kept going, I grew to like what the author was saying more and more. I plan to re-read this one.

The book club meeting went well. Steve made a good comment about Owen Meany, I thought. He doesn't read much fiction and he said he was having kind of a hard time reading the book. He kept waiting for more to happen. But once he finished he said that he thought a big theme of this book is that everything you do matters. You may not ever have something as dramatic happen as Owen did, but still what you do matters and you never know how it will.

We chose Infidel for the next book, by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I read and watched some of the stuff on the web about it. Looks like it'll be very interesting and a good one to discuss.

No comments: