Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Narnia, the movie

I thought I'd talk a little about the Narnia movies. So far it's just been The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but others are coming.


When I first heard that Hollywood was making a movie of The Lord of the Rings I was extremely skeptical. In fact, I said something along the lines of, "Oh, no. They'll ruin it! Now no one will know how great the books are!" And I was wrong. Peter Jackson did a great job.



So, after that, when I heard they were making a movie of the Chronicles. I withheld judgment. It turned out the first movie was quite good. I wish it could have been more true to the book. They took some liberties. But they did seem to stay true to the spirit of the book, pretty much. I enjoyed the movie very much. I wished it could have been longer. I wanted to keep going. So I'm looking forward to the next one.


I like this picture of Aslan with Edmund. I wondered how the movie Aslan would look. They did a good job with that, too. He looked like a lion, not a cartoon. People who know me know I like cows. I've liked them for years. But lately I've been thinking I might start to collect lions the way I do cows, because of Aslan.


This picture of Edmund and Aslan seems like a good depiction of several times in the Chronicles books where characters meet Aslan and feel unworthy or ashamed. Aslan's response is grave, understanding and loving. It makes me feel like I think I'll feel when I face God.

No comments: