Friday, May 29, 2015

Fiction is fun

It's turned out to be quite a long time since I've read a novel (a new one; I've been doing a lot of re-reading lately). I kind of forgot how fun it is to read a really good story, and just enjoy the story.

Yesterday I finished A Dangerous Place, by Jacqueline Winspear, the latest of the "Maisie Dobbs" novels she writes. It was great, as have been all the others.

Today I started reading The Bartender's Tale by Ivan Doig. I am enjoying it so much! I've only just started but loving it so far. I was lying in bed this morning thinking over what I've read so far and wondering about what will happen next. I haven't done that in a while, either. It's been a pretty happy, kid-growing-up kind of story so far and I was lying there thinking that eventually probably something bad or sad will happen. There has to be a climax coming at some point, right?

Anyway, I'm having fun. I recommend both books. I'll try to come back and blog more thoroughly about them later.

3 comments:

Your sister-in-law said...

I enjoy Jacqueline Winspear also!

Mavis said...

Is this my sister-in-law Pati? All it says is "Your sister-in-law." Anyway, it's great you enjoy Jacqueline Winspear. She was here speaking at a bookstore not too long ago. I couldn't make it, but I hope she comes again.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.