Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Shack by William Paul Young

This is our next book club choice. I haven't started it yet. I wanted to wait until the meeting was a little closer, so I have it fresh in my mind. I don't think anyone in the group has actually read it yet but some were planning to because it's being talked about quite a bit right now.

Here's what my brother Joel said about our choice: "I think your group will like "The Shack," Mavis. I read it and I've talked about it with quite a few people. It's not top flight theology, though it's not a disaster either. And as literature it's pretty pedestrian. The power comes in a reconciliation theme in a chapter called "Festival of Friends." The book seems very helpful for people from broken or abusive backgrounds. At synod, I met a pastor who works with 20 somethings in Tucson. He gives out "The Shack" by the boxful. "

No comments: