Friday, July 14, 2006

About blogging my reading

I'm a little intimidated about blogging my reading. I don't feel qualified, really. My only qualification is I love to read. I wasn't an English major and I don't feel as if I do that great a job seeing themes and meanings in what I read. I love to read what others write about books they've read and that's the most intimidating part of all -- they do such a much a greater job than I will. Also, recently my boss mentioned he's thinking of blogging his reading. Well, I had the idea before he told me that but still, now it'll seem like I'm copying his idea.

But here's what I decided. The main reason I want to blog my reading is for myself. I like to think through writing. When I write, it helps me think. So I look forward to thinking through what I'm getting from the books I read and being able to look back at that. Also, I forget what I read -- a lot. I don't actually mind it too much that I forget what I read because it makes re-reading a pleasure, but still, it'll be nice to look back and be reminded of what I've read.

No comments: